Wednesday, November 26, 2008

This really nice lady at the council...


Not that I didn't believe PD when they said that they had put in the dispensation this time but... So I rang the council last Friday and just asked if they had received it. Had me on hold a while and it was not looking good. So we chatted and I explained about the first time around when PD told me it would happen, so this time I was ringing to make sure. I found out that the council only do site inspections for set backs once a week, on a Tuesday. Yes, they found it. It went in under someone else's address with my plans and my lot number on all the other documentation. (Am I surprised????) Sorted that out, and the very nice lady said it was possible that it could get done this Tuesday (24th) but that there was a bit of a backlog but she would see what she could do.

Today I get a call from my CSC and we have the dispensation , it is approved!!! Yeah!!! They have to get the "in writing" from council and send it to their building permit people and we should have it end of this week/early next week. PD East do their construction meetings on Wednesdays, so next Wednesday I should have a construction manager, SS and some idea of what is going to happen when. As you may have been able to tell from last post, I was getting a bit stressed at having to finance the build for potentially an extra 2 or 3 months because of the delay in starting.

Fingers crossed for a slab for Christmas....

12 comments:

Lexriel said...

Wohooo!!!
Good Luck on the slab before Christmas!!! So we can be at similar stage!! :D
Oh.. and Congrats on the permit too :)

Anonymous said...

Whoah! That's the best news, BB!
It's up and up from here. Good to see you feeling more positve now.

Can't wait for your next update.

Cheers
Liana

Toni said...

Great news BB, you must be rapt a) because now you can start and b) that you application was approved!

Yes, we could read the stress levels, fair enough though it's getting close to Christmas. Hopefully you can all have Christmas Lunch on your slab and wave at T&L next door :-)

Anonymous said...

Good to hear. It certainly is a long wait and it's amazing how much stress can be caused by nothing happening. At least the ball is now rolling. Good luck!

K AND T said...

All she wants for Christmas is ...a slab!!! A frame would be nice, but a slab shall be better than nothing!
Yes, I can totally believe the stuff ups with your paper work at the council. When we received our final approval for a home loan from the bank, it had a totally different ( and non existant! ) address as the property to be mortgaged!! And they supposedly went out to the land to value the contract! Hmmm....Doing business in Australia!

Thuy said...

woo hoo!!! congrats on finally getting onto some who knew what they were doing! hehe

*fingers and toes* crossed for a slab before xmas! :) come on PD!

BelleBeau said...

Thanks everyone.

Lexriel - looks like we will be building together, hope we are both in our homes this time next year!

Yes Liana, feeling a bit more positive. Had to get the current house revalued, not a happy thought in this climate.

Hey T, you are so close now, it's a wonder you are not more stressed than me.

Thanks Marcuso, yes it is amazing stress when nothing is happening. I remember feeling that way for you getting stuffed around by the tiling at the end of your build.

Kirsten, LOL, I couldn't believe it when she said "valley park drive, no wait, the plans are for...hang on this doesn't make sense" my heart sank and I though, yes it does!! The list of extras on the build has pushed us to the limit, extra finance for 2-3 months could be ugly. on the other hand if rates go down...

Thanks Newbies, hehehe, fingers crossed for your house before the wedding XXX. Wedding, now that is stressful, but at least one day and it's over. Building goes on and on.

Thuy said...

eekk yes, fingers crossed for that too! hehe i think we will be pushing it very close either way...so if it doesnt happen before the wedding, than it will give me more time to pack i suppose! hehe

would be home said...

Wow BB, the start date is just around the corner now. I am excited to see another Illoura, and that too bigger one. Surely, it will be amazing

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

CDB, hope they pull their fingers out and get it all happening before xmas for you. This period from the paperwork to the starting is really quite tiresome, know the feeling. Agree with HTB, xmas lunch on the slab will be good and probably a first.

R&C

BelleBeau said...

Yes WBH, I will be excited when I see it too! Your illoura is moving at a cracking pace now.

R&C, It certainly is tiresome, especially as we are paying two mortgages whilst we wait. I'll be happy with red rooster for Christmas, if I can have it on the slab Christmas day!

Toni said...

Funny, I don't feel stressed about anything (at the moment) I have made a list to remember for PCI as I'm worried that I am going to forget something....... I have alot of confidence in our SS as well. I just don't want to feel rushed during PCI . I was at the Jewellers yesterday chosing sme Pandora Charms and the sales lady stood over me the WHOLE time, she drove me mental. I asked to go to away while I decided and I would let her know.....she come over FIVE TIMES to see if I was ready......I should have walked out and gone elsewhere. I don't like feeling rushed so have decided that I don't care how long it takes me. I also plan to go over the house before PCI and make some notes. But, if something is out of my control I've decided it's not worth worrying about it. I have too much on my plate to let it get to met too much.

Sorry rambling on again.......anyway any idea of site start?