Sunday, March 22, 2009

It must be love...

Hello All.

Sorry for the long break between posts. Life has been hectic everywhere! We are trying to get our current house on the market. Culling, cleaning, trips to the tip, trips to a storage unit, stuff for charity, toy drives etc.

On the house front, we were supposed to be at lock up last Friday (13th, any one else a bit worried? LOL) As I pointed out to the SS, if I can walk through where the sidelight is supposed to be, it ain't locked up! Anyway they then nailed a bit of board across there as it will not be installed until "fix stage" apparently. Our friendly inspector was out there this Friday and PD still have one thing to do before we hand over the money. I have emailed the CSC to let her know.

However, he did note that the timber bifolds and the french doors in the alfresco are 11mm out of plumb and that the lintel and brickwork need to be taken down and done again. We have passed this on too. Perhaps we won't make that August 11 deadline after all ???

Our eaves (all two of them) are in as well as the portico roof. Almost all of our plastering has now been stopped. The only real thing left is to put up the cornice and, of course, fill all the bits they missed. From what we have been told they come back this week to put the cornice up and the fix carpenter starts mid week this week.

This is the master ensuite with niche. Lovely!!


The ensuite cabinetry. Bottom cupboards are Black Tulip and the bench is stipple burnished plum. Handles are black nickel bows. Quite happy in the end with the basins. Although I love the basins that look like a bowl on the bench, they are not practical for us. DH is very tall and I am vertically challenged. LOL. We have the benches all set to 900, with the bowl on top that would have meant that I needed a step ladder to clean my teeth LOL.



And another picture because I love the way it turned out!


The bathroom. Top is carrera and the bottom is Peacock. This is the battle I lost. Note a small win as I did get the drawers added to the unit. Trade off is that the basin is not centred. We're not worried. With two girls, we NEED storage in the bathroom.

The tiles we got at NT are almost an exact match for this laminex. We are using the tiles on the floor and the walls of the bathroom. they look like a white marbled with grey. Really happy that this turned out so well. The small chips of laminex make it hard to imagine the detail in the larger patterned pieces. We are having green shaded feature tiles.



Front on, the bathroom vanity showing the drawers on the side of the unit.

The kitchen, bottom cupboards are stippled burnished plum, top is antique white. Notice template for my sink. This is the battle I won. The colours look a bit washed out. It was quite overcast. The white stickers give it the designer look...


This is the back wall of the kitchen, with my pot drawers. Hmmm, not as big (wide) as I thought they were...
Kitchen bench from the side. We added an extra set of drawers here. Otherwise it was a "dead corner" cupboard as the other side is up against the sink. The open space is the Walk in Pantry.

You can just see, hiding in the dishwasher space, the powder room cupboard. The waste pipe is in the wrong place for the kicker and has to be moved before the cupboard can be installed.



Mortar Issues. There are a few places like this however this is at the front of the house and it does stand out like dog's / budgies you get the drift... The SS says it is an easy fix, but I am not so sure. Will find out if any of my bricks turn green over the next few days/weeks as the bricks were cleaned last Monday. So the brickie will be back to fix up all the areas where they have blasted the mortar out between the bricks I assume??? Can anyone tell me if this is what happens and if it really is an easy fix???


Hope you guys appreciate all these pics! Blogger is giving me hell uploading pics tonight but I LOVE my cabinetry colours. No offence to anyone out there but there are no neutrals in sight! Just vibrant colour.

I tried to upload the laundry, black with white. What a great colour scheme!!!! but it just keeps cutting out and quite frankly, I am over trying to upload pics.
Have a good one!

15 comments:

Thuy said...

omgosh!! it all looks great! thanks for the pics!!! :)

Its a pain to load pics, but they are so worth it (hehe for your readers!)

Agree with you on the space on the bathroom vanity...girls will need more space, so the basin not being centred will prob be a good thing! :)

x thuy

M&J said...

Black and white colour scheme???? Must be a one eyed supporter ;)

The colours do look great... good on you for being bold with your choices too! We're very "neutral" hehehe

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

Guys, looks like it's coming along really well. Your cabinets look really good especially the top in the Master bedroom.

Re the bricks, we saw some areas where the mortar has gone missing after the cleaning and will be noting this for final clean up of the house before handover. Our big concern of course is the bifold damage and the other thing to note is the screws going rusty after brick cleaning.

R&C

K AND T said...

Hi J,
Great post, huuuge update. Thanks so much for going to so much trouble for us! ;-)
Ooh, 11mm out? Ouch! Hope they fix that in a hurry for you.
Colour me happy...inside is looking great!
Love your ensuite, very nice basins and great handles...I didn't know they were an option. :-(
Not having the Bathroom basin is, in my opinion, a win. Better to have one decent area for hairdryers, straighteners, makeup....than 2 smaller areas. Oh dear, spare a thought for me and my lot!
Kitchen looks great. I'm loving that you'll have the fridge in the pantry...brilliant! And those extra drawers at the edge of the bench...fantastic! You've thought of everything!
Mortar issues??? Maybe I need glasses....I can't see any problems.
Thanks again for the great post, much appreciated.
Oh, and if you're taking requests....I'd love to see a wide shot of the ensuite to figure out how they fitted in the spa, hehehe! ;-)
Cheers,
K.

Lexriel said...

!!!!!!!!!
Finally some interior!!!!
Love your bathroom vanity... it's good so you can put something on it with that extra space!

I didn't know you can choose other colour for the handle! That's new!

Ouch for the 11mm gap? Do you know how long it will take to redo the brickwork? Hopefully it's not gonna be long!

I can see the problem of your mortal! Wonder how could that happen.

I have to agree with you on uploading picture here!! I tried to upload all pictures for my blog last nite and write the blog today today, however I forgot to save it and I accidently closed the browser and they are gone!!! Had to re-upload it again ><;;; So kinda lot the mood to type anything!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Amazing progress.
Great pics, J.
Don't stress the bathroom vanity - we've got the same trade-off in the powder room. The space is more important.

As K said - you really have thought of everything.

I'm loving your kitchen
droooool :/\...

Mortar. Hmmm.
People almost always tend to point the finger at the brick-cleaner for "going to hard" with the acid, water, pressure, etc. Speaking from experience, if the mortar blows out extensively, it probably is not due to the cleaning.

Looking at your photo of the mortar, it really doesn't look too bad. You'll always get a bit of blow-out with brick-cleaning and touch ups by the brickie later. Has your inspector had a look at it? If it is worrying you, get an expert opinion, or you'll be wearing wine goggles like me. D'oh!

Keep the great pics coming.
Cheers
Liana

Hels said...

Wow! it's really taking shape now and looking great. Love the colours and it's all starting to come together, can't wait to see the tiles too.
I didn't bother with the drawers in the bathroom vanity as I have all boys lol.
Not sure about the brick & mortar discolouration, I would be wanting that fixed too. Perhaps they will use a special cleaner or add more mortar? It will be interesting to see what happens with that, keep us updated.

~ Hels ~

kexkez said...

Interior shots are fabulous. Love the cupboard bench colours and the bathroom handles look very familiar. :) Glad to see someone else likes them too. Michelle told me she has them in her soon to be ex kitchen.

Jo said...

Ooooohhh look at the colours!! How gorgeous! Absolutely love all the cabinetry. For want of a better word, they just make the place look so happy.... and so vibrant. Fantastic!
I need the clapping emoticon!! lol

BelleBeau said...

Thanks all!

Hey Newbies, glad you appreciate the pics. I wished blogger to hell the other night!


M&J, yep that'd be me! Told the kids, it's the pies or the dog kennel. They like their bedrooms.

Thanks R&C, have made a note to check the screws as well. Joy, we also now have green bricks!

Hi K, will try to get pics of the ensuite. They have cut out for the spa and it looks like they did not make the cradle big enough so there is a bit of a debacle in the ensuite ATM. The difference in mortar colour half way up the wall is very apparent in the flesh.

Hey Lexriel, really seems to slow down once they hit lock up. Have not heard what they are going to do about the bricks yet. Will keep you updated once I hear anything.

Liana, you're the mortar expert, if you say it's not too bad I believe you! Yeah, the inspector says it is okay just a few patches need to be touched up. I like my kitchen too ;)

Hels_n_greg, LOL at the boys. Some guys I know use more product than I do LOL. Yes, will let you all know what happens with the bricking once I find out myself. CSC is a little tardy ATM, which is unlike her. They are really busy she tells me.

Hi kexkez, yes we walk in and chat with the trades. Chippies were good, cabinetmaker was cool, plasterers are a bit grouchy. Lucky for us the new house is only 15 mins away. A bit further for you. Hope you can get some interior shots during the holidays.

Thanks Jo, yes the colours are great, considering that "neutral is for cars" LOL or should that be PMSL???

Cheers all
J

NoShitSherlock said...

Well now it's my turn to be jealous! Cabinets!! Wow!! They look great and I can't wait to see the overall look with the tiles. It's going to be so crisp and colourful. I wish I had thought of drawers in the bathroom - bugger..

But more importantly - go 'Pies!!!

It's all looking great so far - I can't see how it can possible take until August to be finished.

G+A said...

I'm so jealous...you already have your cabinets installed??!! At least I already have cornices...hehehe. Do you know when your completion date is? Mine is 1 July.

Hey I wanna see more photos of your washed bricks! It looks so different to mine.

BelleBeau said...

Hey Mandy and Althea, we are all pretty much at the same stage now. Check out my latest post, we have cornice and a bath!

Cheers
J

BelleBeau said...

Oops, didn't answer the question! Our contract date is 11 August????? I just can't see it myself but PD won't budge on the date, so I don't have a clue.
Cheers
J

G+A said...

August?? Really? I think your house will be done sooner than ours looking at how fast everything is moving for you. They probably say August to play it safe just in case anything goes wrong, they'll have time to fix it.