Monday, January 5, 2009

Preparation for the slab

Could not resist... Just a quick update today, we went to the block tonight and yes, they have started to prepare for the slab! The site has been levelled again and there are stones down across the block. There are also really, really, deep trenches where the footings will go as well as the three piers across the back where there is fill.

There were no piers along the side of the garage on the boundary, so hopefully that means that the test results said that we can have a normal slab with out the piers. This was the only possible item we could be hit with additional costs for. PD did say, if we need them, then they would be charged by variation and it would be "a couple of thousand". So fingers crossed, a win for us!

There has been no further action on the retaining walls, so all we have to date is the uprights, but I expect that they let the concrete dry right out before putting in the treated pine.

Tomorrow they "box" the slab and it is due to be poured on Wednesday. Will get pics tomorrow when we can see how big it is.

6 comments:

K AND T said...

Hehehe...I'm giddy with excitement!
Thanks for thinking of us all and posting the update. Look forward to hopefully more news tomorrow. There is nothing holding you back now....Illoura here you come!

BelleBeau said...

Thanks K, I just can't contain my excitement, I was bursting and I had to share. My kids think I am weird LOL, maybe I am!

Thuy said...

woo hoo! sounds like this year is ur year!! :)

Btw, my neighbour is building the illoura too! not sure what version it is...but it looks HUGE!! hehe

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

CDB, amazing progress for the holidays, are you sure your not doing it yourself, lol.

R&C

Toni said...

Great stuff!!! You must be rapt! Looking forward to seeing photos on Wednesday :-)

DeGaul said...

Bring on thou slab....
I am anticipating reading your excitement of getting that slab and frame work over the next few weeks.