Sunday, May 3, 2009

So one snail said to the other...

...Gee things are slow around here.

Well, I am getting more and more frustrated. I think the painters were there this week as our eaves and the portico ceiling have all been painted. The internal doors have all been lined up and have been undercoated too. I am pretty sure this happened last week though. I am really impatient to see my wall colour as I picked it from a sample. You can see that it seems that they have cut in the wall colour just under the cornice in the pic below. They had done this early in the week.



The Front door and sidelight and the French doors, bi folds and the timber window in the alfresco have all been stained. However, they have not stained the laundry door??? Yep, it’s in the contract (had me doubting myself there). Love the look of the stained timber, the colour is really rich and the front door/sidelight looks stunning!

Outside the alfresco area...
Bi Folds and timber window from inside the family room...
French doors from inside the family room...

Friday the garage doors, both the roller door at the back and the panel lift at the front were installed.
House from the front with the panel lift door in ironstone!

From the inside of the garage, ceiling painted...

Still no sign of a tiler, and it seems that the plasterers have come back to fix up a few bits and pieces??? The undercoat went on and now inside there are new pencil marks again on the walls. Does this mean that “someone” decided that there was plastering that needed re doing?? Is that why there has been little painting action this week? We’d love to know but our SS has been sick all week and our CSC has no idea what is going on. According to her, the tiler started on the 22 April. Well, umm, no, he might have turned up, but there are no tiles, so he probably went home again.

Are taps and toilets part of the “fix stage”, this is a question we are asking ourselves at this point. Does anyone know? We are still waiting on the under bench sink to be installed before we pay the fix stage, when we realised that the taps aren’t there either. Also a bit of a worry is that the sink does not have a tap space, so we think that the hole for the flick mixer also needs to be cut in the bench top too. We have called/emailed but as the SS is sick, we can’t find out.

Have I said that I am getting frustrated? PD obviously have been going great guns until just before Easter, now it is getting really disappointing to see that night after night nothing has been done. Spoilt, yes I am! Or was! And I want to be again!!! Not to mention, that a number of blogs I am following are at or getting very close to PCI/Handover. Yes, I am aware that jealousy is a curse. LOL.

Have a great week people!


9 comments:

K AND T said...

Snail's pace?? I think I've read that book....!
Perhaps your painter did a runner with the tiler....and took SS with them!
Still a great update though, I'd love to be at your stage.
How good does all of your timber look stained??? Makes a world of difference.
If that's your flow colour under the cornice, it looks lovely. ( Divinity?? )
I have a question about the internal doors photo....that very tall door over towards the right hand side, which way is up??? Longer panels at the top or longer panels to the bottom. I did a drive by our block today and there was a guy there hanging the internal access door from the garage. It looks like the door in your pic, just the other way around....short panels at the top, long panels at the bottom....hmmmm.
How do you get in there now or is that a trade secret, lol!
Not sure about when you should get taps and toilets, but I would have assumed that yes, if basins go in at fix stage then taps and the like would too.
Bummer about your bench and sink - again!!!! Perhaps 3rd time lucky??
Don't stress too much. If Toni is right and it's 6 weeks from painting, you should still make it with time to spare. And if you're getting jealous of WBH, Liana and Rob and R&C getting oh so close now, you can always just pop over to my blog to make you feel better!!
Have a great week,
K.

BelleBeau said...

HI K, ok answer time!
- Yes it's divinity.
- The tall panels on the doors go to the top.
- Some tradie was leaving as we arrived so we snuck in after promising to lock up when we left.
- I am looking at the cost of putting all the furniture etc into storage for up to 6 weeks and that is my window furnishing budget and then some. Not to mention that the kids have 3 weeks holiday during that period too! Ahhhh!
Cheers
J

R&C's Brookvale 45 Home said...

CDB, youv'e hit that slow patch I was talking about earlier in my blog. I think snails and grass growin is faster than this stage, lol. The place is taking shape though and the colours you have chosen are divine, a pun there, lol. I like the front door especially given it has not acid wash stains on it. re your question about taps and toilets. My understanding is that they are but we had a bit of a jumble where some things early and others (Toilets and taps) were not done until fitout. I know that dosen't help much, but we held out paying until we saw there was enough done to warrant the payment. Finally, sorry we are one of those blasted blogs at PCI, but I ahve renamed for you on our latest blog to make you feel better, lol.

R&C

would be home said...

grrrr on PD. Why cant they just DO THE DAMN RIGHT THING AT RIGHT TIME. I really feel that if they learn to manage time, things will be much better for customers and themselves.
Other things on side, your bi folds and french doors look awesome. Believe me J, this is the most dreadful stage for us through out, hope it goes much more smoother for you. All the very best

Lexriel said...

Hi J,

The doors look really nice! Especially the front doors...

About the fix stage, I have asked the SS on Friday (2 weeks ago). He said fix stage is when they are done with all the cornice, architrave and skirting. He didn't say anything about taps. So... no idea...

Not sure what happen to those tradies.. maybe it's too cold for them to work last week haha...

M&J said...

Hi BB, I am the one that is jealous here! Your timber doors and windows looks sooooooooooooo nice.

I am not an expert on when you should get taps and toilets because we are not even up to that stage yet, so sorry can't help you there. All the best though ... hopefully the tradies will return soon.

-M-

NoShitSherlock said...

Hi J,

I'm so sorry things have slowed down, but I have my fingers crossed that it's not for long. The painters stained our stairs and bifolds ages ago, but came back to do the front door yesterday, so maybe that's what's happening with your laundry door...Your stain looks great - is it 'cedar'?

Talk about jealousy, though, I see your bifolds have a separate hinged door and a lock! Did you specify that? 'Cos all we have is four doors that fold up together and the only way to lock them is with the stupid bolts - not impressed....

Also, you have garage doors, which is more than we can say! That is exciting.

We paid fix stage after all the internal doors, skirtings, architraves etc. were put in. The fix carpenter told me that taps etc. were done in the final weeks with the electrical stuff, and will probably only take a day each (not each tap - lol)!! So don't fret there, you are still on track. I reckon you've still got plenty of time before you have to move out. Good luck!!
Mandy

BelleBeau said...

Hi all,

Thanks R&C, and WBH, it is certainly the frustrating part of the build. Seems to go sooo slowly.

Thanks Lexriel, hope things are progressing at your place. What happened with your render???

Yes M&J, we're really happy with the stain on the timber. Can't understand why the laundry door has not been done through.


Hey Mandy, I just thought that was what we would get because I think it was that way in the display?? I could be wrong, but I remember checking the drawings for it.

I would be spewing if I only got bolts believe me! Is that what is shown on your drawings? Yeah, garage doors look awesome!

Cheers everyone
J

Unknown said...

This has been a so interesting ..I appreciate your effort..
classictiler.com.au/